1. The first Solheim Cup was played in 1990 at Lake Nona Golf & Country Club in Florida. The tournament is named after Karsten Solheim - the founder of PING.
The victorious USA team with the Solheim family in 1990 © Getty Images
2. There is only one hole-in-one in Solheim Cup's history. It was done in 2013 by Anna Nordqvist on the 17th hole at Colorado Golf Club.
3. Laura Davies (England) has more Solheim Cup Appearances than any other player. Davies represented Europe in all 12 matches from 1990 till 2011.
Laura Davies at the 2009 Solheim Cup © Getty Images
4. Juli Inkster (USA) is the only player over 50 who played in the event. The American was 51 years and 91 days old in 2011 when she played for Team USA at Killeen Castle Golf Resort in Ireland.
Juli Inkster at the 2011 Solheim Cup © Getty Images
5. Charley Hull was only 17 years and 149 days when she made her Solheim Cup debut in 2013. Hull was one of captain Alison Nicholas's wild cards and she contributed to Team Europe victory with two points out of three.
Charley Hull lines up a putt on the 1st hole during the final day singles matches of the 2013 Solheim Cup © Getty Images