1. Patrick Cantlay was the low amateur at the 2011 US Open and 2012 Masters. He finished tied for 21st and tied for 47th respectively.
Augusta National Golf Club chairman William Porter Payne presents low amateur Patrick Cantlay at the 2012 Masters © Getty Images
2. In 2016 February 2016 Patrick Cantlay lost his caddie and best friend Chris Roth in a car accident. The duo was crossing a street in Newport Beach, California when the incident occurred.
Patrick Cantlay with his caddie Chris Roth at the 2012 Masters© Getty Images
3. Patrick Cantlay has a foundation which partners with initiatives that support the game of junior golf as well as programs assisting and advocating on behalf of first-responders.
4. Patrick Cantlay's girlfriend Nikki Guidish is a model and she is a good friend with other popular PGA Tour wifes. Guidish has several photos on Instagram with Jena Sims, Brooks Koepka's fiance, and Tori Slater, the girlfriend of Daniel Berger.
5. At the 2011 Travelers Championship Patrick Cantlay posted second round 60 which is the best score by an amateur on the PGA Tour to date.
Patrick Cantlay answers questions on breaking the course record after completing the second round of the Travelers Championship at TPC River Highlands © Getty Images